Monday, February 4, 2013

Emma Jo Roxanne Buxton

Nearly six months after Maggie died, we decided it was time to add a new dog to our family.  After several false starts, I happened upon a picture of a shelter dog in Pueblo who looked exactly like Darcy.  That seemed like fate, so Carol and I got in her little car and headed down 1-25.
We reached the shelter...
and began our search for "Roxanne." 
When we finally found her, she was huddled in the back of her own private cage.  
I asked to have her brought to a meeting room.  She had to be carried in because she was too afraid to walk on a leash. 
Part of me thought, "This will never work."  Then I looked at her cute little face, and thought, "Well, maybe."
Bit by bit, 
she began to warm up to me. 
"Come on, little girl.  Let's go home."
October 2012

1 comment:

Carol B said...

Such a fun day, I am so glad you have included our adventure. I adore Darcy, but it is now hard for me to recall life without the Eminator!