Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Chocolate Wonderfall

James came home from school with a really good report card Friday, so we decided to reward him going back to the Golden Corral.  James was so excited about seeing the Chocolate Wonderfall that he skipped from the car to the restaurant.  Strangely Seth followed suit.
The Golden Corral is a buffet style restaurant.  James posed with the Chocolate Wonderfall sign while we stood in line to get our plates.
I am a mean mother so the kids were required to visit the salad bar first.
"Hey, Mama, I ate one leaf.  Can I go the dessert bar now?"
Nope!  Main courses were next.  The kids had pizza and I had pot roast and beans.  We all thought the food was ok.  Seth chose some kind of pasta dish with shrimp.  He said it was scary and not in a good way.  Oh well.  We weren't really there for the main courses anyway.
This was the reason for our visit.
And this is the much anticipated Chocolate Wonderfall.
There were all kinds of goodies available for dipping.
It was kind of hard to tear the kids away.
Mmmm.  Chocolate covered strawberries and pizza!
"I wonder how chocolate dipped cotton candy would taste?"
James is still buzzing over the Golden Corral's bounteous dessert bar, but my favorite part of the evening was looking at the night sky on the drive home. 
February 2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does everyone dip in the same chocolate, ugh!

Braymere said...

Really, the whole experience was kind of ugh. I could go the rest of my life without returning to the Golden Corral, but James has told me in no uncertain terms that he wants to eat there on his birthday...