Sunday, July 17, 2011

Drowning

James likes to pretend he's drowning.  
He gets himself into position and waits until someone is looking.
Then he starts splashing and yelling.  He can be quite convincing, and I can't seem to make him realize this is not a good thing.
I was sure to warn Kristin and Nate before we got to Belleview Park.  I didn't want either one of them to be traumatized by one of James' fake near death experiences.

It didn't occur to me to warn Darcy.  She was completely taken in by James' act.
Poor diggie!  I think she wanted me to jump in and save him! 
P.S. It's stunts like this that explain why I didn't believe James was really hurt after he fell off the monkey bars...

July 2011

2 comments:

LazyShamrock said...

The difference is that someone who is really drowning rarely makes a sound and doesn't splash.

Or so countless students have assured me over the years! I'll believe them because I certainly don't want to try it for myself.

Braymere said...

Usually I don't like being ignorant, but I'll make an exception in this case. I'm *glad* I don't know what a real drowning looks like. Really, really, really glad.